Gemini VII Series Surface Area Analyzer
Micromeritics’ Gemini VII 2390 Series of surface area analyzers rapidly and reliably produces accurate and repeatable surface area and porosity results. Their low cost, speed, simplicity of use, reliability, and ruggedness have earned the Gemini a place in laboratories worldwide as an essential tool in research and quality control environments.
The secret of Gemini’s unique capabilities lies in the innovative use of sample and balance tubes. These tubes are identical in every aspect, including their thermal environment. The sample and reference reservoirs, like their associated tubes, are physically identical and are initially charged to the same pressure. During an analysis, differential pressure between reservoirs is monitored. This common mode technique assures that any differential pressure is solely due to adsorption by the sample and not to factors that lead to variations in free space during an analysis.
- The Windows version includes easy-to-follow installation videos and system verification tests to ensure optimum performance and reliability. How-to videos provide on-screen instruction on instrument operation.
- The patented twin-tube design negates free-space errors introduced by thermal gradient variations or by initial mis-measurement of free space.
- Permits low surface area measurements without requiring krypton by essentially eliminating free-space error, the limiting factor in typical static volumetric systems.
- Accelerates delivery of the analysis gas because sample uptake controls the rate at which the gas is delivered to the sample. This results in a surface area analyzer that is as fast as the physics of adsorption allows.
- The use of a servo valve to control the rate of gas flow into the sample tube assures accurate attainment of target pressures without pressure overshoot.
- Three choices of software control: embedded software with a keypad enabling the Gemini VII to be operated without an external PC, Windows XP or Vista operating system, or the Gemini VII confirm™ 21 CFR Part 11 option.
- Low Cost
- System verification tests
- Fully automatic operation
- High throughput – up to four Geminis can be operated with single computer
- Capable of measuring low surface area materials
- Keypad- or computer-operated with Windows-driven software
- Choice of analysis mode (scan or equilibrate)
- No pressure overshoot
- Common mode rejection of free-space error effects
- No thermal-diffusion errors
- Optional stainless-steel Dewars
- 21 CFR Part 11 software option
- IQ/OQ Validation service (optional)
Gemini VII 2390t:
Has all the ability of the 2390p, including a P0 tube, with the addition of a larger Dewar and longer sample tubes for extended analyses. This provides the additional capability to measure the total adsorption-desorption process. With this data set, one can perform a BJH or Dollimore-Heal pore size distribution using up to 1000 data points.